Sunday, April 6, 2014

Multicultural Day: A Hit!

I'm looking through all my pictures thinking... man I wish i had taken pictures of the actual performance!
I never get pictures of the events, just leading up to them, because I'm running around doing seventy different things- I don't have time to take pictures.
This Festival was a huge success, however, and something I am incredibly proud of. I planned 6 week unit plans for each grade, assigning a different area of the world for each grade to focus on. This was great because they didn't get overwhelmed (and I didn't!) feeling like they needed to have knowledge to share about the WHOLE WORLD. So I assigned each grade to a different geographical location, and this worked out so well. The students shared with the rest of the school what they learned, and I felt that the whole world was somehow included in our special day!

Here is a sneak peak at some of the fun things we did in class.
World Instrument stations/band.
more to come....










No comments:

Post a Comment